Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 1, 2007

More mental than physical

Aug31-361, total 36877

Dr Joyce Brothers once wrote that :"Studies indicate that the one quality all successful people have is persistence. They're willing to spend more time accomplishing a task and to perservere in the face of many difficult odds. There's a very positive relationship between people's ability to accomplish any task and the time they're willing to spend on it."

Doing a million push ups and chins ups is more of a mental challenge or I suppose more like mental training than it is a physical thing. I had found on the internet that in one year Paddy ODoyle did over a million push ups-that seemed insane. However I also found the site millionpushups.com.The author wants to do a million push ups before he dies. The whole thing struck me as this incredible challenge in persistance-could one keep on day after day-year after year pushing to this goal. Kind of like your own everest that you could climb in your living room. Well I had to do it. Not like I don't have more worthwhile goals in my life-others that are more important to me or my family -but this is one that is mine alone and is like mental training for the ability to persist.

No comments: