Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2007

On second thought

May 10-408,May11-175,May12-200,May13-268,May14-230,May19-253- Total 20852

On second thought I have decided to scrap the squats. Not that I will stop doing them. I am just going to stop counting them. One obsessive goal at a time.

I just read an article on MSN titled what would you pay to lose 30 lbs. It starts like this:

Despite studies saying North Americans are getting fatter every year, people are obsessed with weight loss, and the business of losing weight has ballooned into a $46.3 billion industry. How much would you be willing to spend to lose 30 pounds?
The article rates various diet programs and what it would cost to complete a 30 pound weight loss. The article starts by rating Jenny Craig at about $400 and ends with the Zone at about 4 grand. I kind of think they have underestimated J.C-I think you have to buy all her boxed meals to start and I don't know that they calculated in these costs. Anyway I don't buy it-I think you can get the "get off your *ss program for free. I haven't lost a lot of weight with the push ups/chins but I am willing to bet I can-Here it is 207.5 pounds today. I am not sure I can get down too 177.5 ( or sure I want to ) but lets see what push ups can do for free.

2 comments:

Jack Bravo said...

Congrats on the push up goal. I've actually lost about 15 lbs or so doing push ups (and eating a little less). My goal is to 1000! :)

the1000pushupclub.blogspot.com

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

LarryMat said...

Hey Jack
Good to meet you.I like your blog-great goal. I noticed on one of your posts that you are taking some easy days and that is what I have found. Seem to be able to do push ups everyday,but my elbows appreciate it if I have some low number days in there between the days I really go for it. Good luck with the goal