Total Pageviews

Friday, April 11, 2008

down 17 pounds since Christmas

april 10-560.total 88,201
weight 197 bf 21%
calories left to burn 42000

A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.Vince Lombardi

I adjusted the calories left to burn back up to 42k. At 197 I have 12 pounds left to lose to be at 185 (12X3500 cal/pound + 42K). I must be systematically under-estimating my portions of food or fitday is over calculating my calorie burn. None the less I was in the ball park. Good news is I am down in weight again. Had a pretty late night at work on Wednesday and didnt get a workout in at all-and still lost some weight. I was up around 214 just after Christmas so I have lost about 17 pounds since then ( I weighed a little less when I started the fitday calorie count). Not bad for a routine mainly of push ups and chins ( some weights here and there) and no cardio. I am starting to think I should add some cardio-mostly for the fitness level. I haven't been doing any and the sets up push ups with out a lot of rest between seem to be getting me in better shape overall. The other weekend I went to the Y with Cathy and was able to run the treadmill for a half an hour without any trouble. So it appears my endurance is improving without any direct effort to do cardio workouts. Although I guess you could say that doing hundreds of push ups at a go-is sort of endurence work.

No comments: