Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 22, 2008

5000-6000 calories a day

Mar20-726 total 80,696
weight 202.5 bf 22%
calories left to burn 49924

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things." Frank Clark
A collegue if mine asked why I was trying to do a million push ups/chins. I guess it is like someone who wants to run a marathon-it is not easy-not everyone could do it-or would do what is necessary to reach the goal. One million is a huge number. At my current rate it will take over ten years to achieve the goal. The first time I stumbled across the website
http://www.millionpushups.com/
The first thing I thought was wow -most people could not do that. The next thing that came to mind is-I could do that. It didn't take to long to get from :I could do that" to I will do that. In North America we tend to want things to come quick and easy to us. I have two University degrees( you wouldn't know it with my spelling -sometimes). Granted a University degree has some practical value when it comes to getting a job and all that. However one of the gratifying things about graduating is it takes several years of effort and a lot of work. This is what makes it valuable.

In my last post I promised to include the link for the 1000 push ups article. It was written by Richard West and the link is :
http://www.articlestree.com/fitness/doing-pushups-to-build-muscle-mass-and-boost-metabolism-tx282333.html. I have included the first paragraph from Rochard's article below. You've got to be impressed with anyone who can eat 5000-6000 calories a day and still lose bodyfat. Richard goes on in his article to explain how to build up to 1000 push ups, loss fat and gain muscle. His training sounds a little like mine -although it sounds like he is getting a little better results.

I am still working on pushing up the average push ups/chins per day. As I mentioned in my last post I averaged a little over 160 per day last year. Right now my daily average is a little over 240 per day. If I can drive that number up to 274 per day-that will work out to about 100,000 push ups a year.

Having spent many years doing many different workouts involving weights, cardiovascular machines, and calisthenics, I determined that the best way to build mass and boost metabolism is by doing pushups. Lots of pushups! After less than three months training, I was able to complete a one-thousand pushup routine in exactly 80 minutes. I gained 15 lbs of solid muscle mass, lost a considerable amount of body fat and consistently ate 5000-6000 calories daily.

1 comment:

mike3 said...

And I'm sure the University Degrees help greatly with getting the jobs that pay the large quantities of money that are doubtlessly required to purchase those massive amounts of food this takes.