Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 20, 2008

750-1500 push ups a day

apr18-95,apr 19-440 total push ups and chins 90,805
weight 199.5, bf%21
calories left to burn 43082


Motivation will almost always beat mere talent. - Norman R. Augustine

Hershel Walker has a new book out. In one of the articles promoting the book he says

I still train like a madman. I'm still doing all the push-ups, the sit-ups, running. ... I do between 2,500 and 3,500 sit-ups - every day - and between 750 and 1,500 push-ups.

Somewhere in the book Walker also reveals that he suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder. I read another article promoting the book and the author claims that this disorder is one of the reasons that Walker works out obsessively. Walker had a pretty good athletic career -not to make light of people suffering with DID-however part of me thinks a little DID might not be such a bad thing if it will push you to this level of committment.

As you can see from the calories left to burn-I have has a few big eating days over the weekend. Good thing is the weight seems to be holding at just below 200 pounds. We were celebrating Mel and Emma's birthdays-so I kind of had a "what the heck weekend" I know I can catch up during the week. Maybe I'll have a 750-1500 push up day like Hershel.

No comments: