Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

kettlebells to double the burn

May13 -520 ,total 97,129
weight 194.5, bf 21%
calories left to burn 47567

Benjamin Disraeli:
Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.

It was my son -in- laws birthday yesterday, so Joey and I hosted a guys bbq night. Had Travis (Stephs Husband), Lawrence ( my oldest son) and Greg (Mel's boyfriend) over for t-bone steaks. They were great. Dispite eating a steak the size of my head -I still managed to go down a pound and a half yesterday. With the exception of the whey and creatine-I didn't really eat anything until grill night-just so I could eat whatever I wanted come dinner time. I decided to do a bit of kettlebell training last night as an additional way to burn off some calories this week. Not that I own an actual kettlebell ( they seem to be hard to come by up here in Canada). I have the poormans version -a 50 and a 35 pound cast iron dumbell. Mostly I just did swings and one arm snatches. The kettlebells are said to be able to "hack the fat off your body without the dishonor of dieing". You can find everything you ever wanted to know about kettlebells at :www.dragondoor.com. The forum is interesting if you have some time to spare. Rifs blog is also quite good for kettlebell training information:http://rifsblog.blogspot.com/.
Rifs wife has a cool blog page as well. She lost over a hundred pounds ( I think her site says 130) in her 40's doing kettlebells and yoga. Here's her website as well. Quite an impressive change-worth the read. http://tracyrif.blogspot.com. Anyway I will add some kettlebell work this week to burn some extra calories . It really gets your heartrate up.

No comments: