Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Quest for a Six Pack

Oct 7-25,oct9-105,oct12-385,oct13-244

Weight 193.4 bf%18.8
total push ups/chins 322,314
I have been workingout for a few years, slowly creeping my way towards my goal of doing one million push ups/chins. I am a little leaner and a little fitter than when I started, but still no six pack. As a matter of fact I have never seen my six pack during my life time. I know that I have abs. I can feel them and they are a little harder than when I started working out, nonetheless they have never peeked out to see the light of day. I am determined to change all that. Motivated by an overindulgent weekend of Thanksgiving eating, I am starting a quest to unveil my abdominals. I have read that you need to get below 10 percent bodyfat to see the outline of your abs. Most of the time my body fat percentage hovers at about double this percentage, so this is going to be a bit of a challenge.
Here's my rules for myself during this challenge:
  1. Track everything I eat in my "Lose it" app for the i phone
  2. Track all the exercise I do in a day in "Lose it"
  3. Never go to bed without burning more calories than I eat

Pretty simple really and I have done it before. A few years ago I let myself gain an extra sixty pounds. It took me about a year to take this weight off, but I did it by tracking everything I ate in FITDAY. I did Stew Smith's Navy Seals workout. I didn't do any of the running or swimming outlined in the program. This time I am going to do the cardio so I should have quicker results. I will likely substitute swimming with rowing on the C2 rower. I might add a little heavy bag work or some kettle bell workouts if the mood strikes me. Tonight I did about 45 minutes of sit ups and variations of push ups, 15 minutes of rope jumping and 20 minutes on the heavybag. The first day results according to Lose it is that I burned 1138 calories more than I ate. It takes burning 3500 more calories than you eat to burn off a pound of fat, so today I should have burned almost 1/3 of a pound of fat. Not bad

No comments: