Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Occam's Protocol Again

total push ups/chins 341,674
weight 197.2 bbf% 21.0

Today the scale (and a little math) tells me my lean mass is 155.79 pounds. This is about 2 pounds of lean tissue more than when I started Occam's Protocol. If I gained 6-8 pounds of lean mass on Occam's protocol I have really lost ground on this progress. I started to think maybe I should go back to the Protocol, once a week weight training doesn't seem to be working all that well for me. I am sure hard core high intensity guru's would suggest working out less frequently ( maybe 3 exercises instead of five over every eight days instead of once a week). However I was making some progress on Occam's protocol. Tim Ferris gained 34 pounds in about a month, but it was on a slightly different rountine than the "protocol". He may have better genetics than I do, but it seems worthwhile to try the routine Tim Ferris himself used to gain 34 pounds. It is still somewhat abbreviated from the routine Casey Viator used in the Colorado experiment (also described in the 4 hour body). I think similiar to when I did Occam's Protocol I will subsitute Chins and Dips for the compound upperbody movements ( that way I will still make a little progress on my total chins and push  ups goal).

No comments: