Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

36 more chins

June 13-36
total push ups/chins 360,637

I am going to take a bit of a holiday from the push ups and chins. If you have read my other blog, you will know I am giving the Strong Lifts program a bit of a trial.

The program recommends that you stick to the guidelines of the program and don't add any additional exercises. It does allow you to add 3 sets of 12 chin ups to workout B. I didn't think I could go cold turkey so I added the three sets of chins. So once or twice a week you will see my total push ups/chins number go up a little bit-36 chins to be precise. If you want to find out more about the Strong Lifts program or my experiment with the program, you can click the link above to my other blog. On my other blog I also have a link to the Strong Lifts website/blog. It is worth a read. The blog suggests you give the program a solid twelve week trial. So I am going to try to do that. I might go thru push up withdrawal-but I am going to try to make it through the whole 12 weeks. I figure if the program doesn't work for me I can come back with a vengeance doing hundreds of push ups and chins at the end of twelve weeks. If it doesn't work then I figure I will be plenty ready and rested to pull some big numbers. If the program works really well for me-well who knows it might just be 36 chin ups a week from here on in.

No comments: