Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 7, 2012

2 calories burned per push up?

Dec30-72, Dec31-200 Jan 2-332, Jan 4-326

total push ups/chin 379,320

It felt like I hadn't done a post in while so I thought I should update my total. I have been focusing on getting ready for my April trip to Mexico (as described on my other blog -link below). - so I was curious to see if I could find a reasonable estimate of how many calories are burned per push up. When I am using the Polar Heart rate monitor I am sure I am getting a more accurate measure of how many calories are being burned. After doing a little research I found the answers ranged quite a bit. Most of the fitness apps estimate that you burn about 10 calories per minute. As an estimate I guess this is fairly accurate but typically I don't do ten minutes or 40 minutes straight I will usually do sets and then have 30 or 60 second rest period. I read an answer on wikianswers saying that you burn 2.1 calories for every push up you do . I  am going to track a few workouts with the polar and see what kind of results I get. I will try to give you my answer of how many calories per push up.

No comments: