Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Calorie Burn

Oct 6-459. oct8-215, oct 9-285

total push ups/chins 419,418
 
Thought I should get a post in. I have been a little more consistent this week in posting on my other blog. Essentially right now tracking my efforts to get beach ready for Mexico next month. I have mostly been using the push ups and chins ups as an additional strategy to burn calories. I have been trying to do either supersets or small sets with only 30 seconds rest in between. Keeping that heart rate and calorie burn up. My heart rate monitor also measures calorie burn, which is interesting as I seem to be able to get my heart rate up quicker supersetting push ups and variations of chins, than when I run. Also overall I am getting a better calorie burn. Partly because I run at a slow shuffle and I have conditioned myself to do set after set of chin ups or push ups. If you want to see how my prep for Mexico is going check my other blog. http://20poundsdifference.blogspot.ca/

No comments: