Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Supplements for an old guy

Sept/13-360, Sept 14-390

436,403 push ups/chins
Not a bad couple of days, I think if I am getting at least 300 push ups and/ or chins a day, I will make progress towards my goal of one million. I think after I have been at it a while and I can handle the daily volume I will probably try to ramp up to around 1000 push ups or chins a day. I am a little older than I was when I first started this blog. Recovery is a lot more important to me, or at least getting some good rest and decent diet and supplements. My wife and I were working with a coach and personal trainer and he got us into a little more serious supplement program. He turned us onto a couple of things that I think are making a big difference in our recovery. One of the things he had us try out were BCAA or branched chain amino acids. The idea is that these help prevent muscle wasting if you are working out really intensely. They really seem to work but below is the link to a video where I talk about the overall supplement program we are using.

No comments: