Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Getting into a routine


Oct19-450,Oct20-513,Oct21-458,Oct22-383,Oct23-385


Total push ups/chins 445,045

The last few days I have been settling into a routine of getting some chins and some push ups done each day. Of course now that I am blogging about it I may have just jinxed myself, but let's knock on wood and assume I am just going to keep pounding out a few hundred each day. I have been getting up a little earlier for work each day this week and making sure I do about a half hour of chin ups and push ups before I have a shower. We have a home gym down stairs and we have a freestanding chin up bar downstairs but I am not even going down to the home gym. I just throw the doorway chin up bar up in upstairs. I don't want any reason not to get started-it's too cold downstairs, I don't want to bother going down to the gym-nope-no excuses -just get it done. For the most part I have been super setting sets of push ups with a set of pull ups or chins then I rest for 30 seconds to a minute. I vary the rest times between sets each day-sometimes I do more than one superset together. I might do 10 or 20 push ups then immediately go to the bar and and do 3 or 4 pull-ups , drop to the floor do ten more push ups and stand up to 3 more chins. I might keep pairing sets like this until I have done a total of 50 -60 push ups and 9-15 chins. After these sort of giant sets I will usually rest a minute. If I am only doing one super set I will usually only rest 30 seconds. Anyway all this writing about push ups makes me think I better go pound out today's. Off I go.





No comments: