Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2008

4 -pounds of muscle gained?

Apr5-260,apr6-526-total 86,750
weight 201.5 bf%20
calories left to burn 41442

We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.
Helen Keller

Well the scale can be full of surprises. Weighed myself this morning and I am up weight but down in percentage of bodyfat. Working out the numbers -I was at 157.21 pounds of lean mass a few days ago. Todays weigh in has me at 161.2 pounds of lean mass, up almost 4 pounds of muscle. Fat was 41.79 pounds and now is at 40.3 pounds-1.5 pounds of fat lost. Although I would like to just believe the scale I think one of two things may have caused this change. The first probability is that this is some type of random swing in my favour. Your bodyweight swings back and forth everyday-I can be 3-5 pounds heavier at night. This is why I usually weigh myself in the morning-psychologically it just seems better this way. The other possibility is that with the extra protein I have been taking in-maybe I have swung up in lean body mass. ( I am crossing my fingers on this one). It is possible that because I was taking in so little protein ( about 65 grams a day) maybe with all the push ups I was doing my body didn't have enough protein to repair the muscle damage I was doing. I have been getting at least 100 grams a protein a day now and of course a healthy dose of poor man's creatine (and trying to get more) it is possible that I have experienced some kind of rebound effect. I suppose the only way to know is to watch the scale over the next few days and see if I bounce back. Since New Years I have lost about 8 pounds -but I keep losing and gaining the last few pounds. Despite this fluctuation I have had a hard time getting below 20% bf and 200 pounds of bodyweight. Lets see what the next few days show on the old tanita

No comments: