Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New York Fries

total push ups/chins 341,482
weight 197.6 bf% 21.8
Bodyfat scales says- up 0.32 lbs of lean and down 0.92 lbs of fat since yesterday. Okay that is a better outcome than jumping to 23 percent bodyfat, trend going in the right direction. I mentioned I was going to aim to eat 250 grams of protein a day, yesterday I managed to eat 227 grams. As I said this would be a little easier if I was eating meat. We met the kids in the city to catch a movie. Didn't see anything at the concession that looked like it had a lot of protein ( or any other nutritional value for that matter)- so I opted for New York Fries. Hmm deep fried goodness. I am sure the numbers above would have been a little bit better if I skipped the fries, but what the heck one slip up.
It has been driving me a bit crazy- I knew I had heard of Occam's Razor before reading Tim Ferriss' book, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was about or who was Occam?
Anyway had to look it up for all of you out there waiting to know.
According to Wikipedia. Occam's Razor is attributed to the 14 century logician,theologian and Franciscan Friar Father William of Ockham.
According to the Skeptic's Dictionary: "Occam's Razor is also called the Principle of Parismony. These days it is usually interpreted to mean something like the simpler the explanation the better or don't multiply hypothesis unnecessarily"
Wikipedia does have a much more detailed description , for those of you who want to know, here's the link:

No comments: